East meets West in this tangy, pungent, heavily salted marinade made with widely available Japanese and British condiments. The complex flavors in this perfect example of fusion cuisine won’t be overshadowed by the charring and caramelization produced by grilling.
Combine in a blender:
- 3/4 cups oil
- 3/4 cups tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Blend on high until emulsified, then use to marinate up to 1 1/2 pounds of cubed beef overnight.